/ Soccer shoes
/ 12 WEEKS
/ Roosevelt Brown
Signature Pro Soccer Cleats Design
• Professional soccer “football” has become a large global sector of business in the outdoor sports arena. The elite professional athlete has many high-performance footwear needs. Each position on the field of play has unique demands and requirements of performance.
• Design and build an innovative signature soccer cleat with features designed for a specific pro soccer player. Select a well- known pro soccer team, and player, that you would like to use as the benchmark target end user. Also select an existing performance footwear brand to design for.
• Generate preliminary research and develop a high-performance footwear design solution. Design an advanced and innovative design solution for the year 2025.
SIGNATURE ATHLETE ANALYSIS
Soccer cleat tech
• Laces loosen easily
• Inability to quickly wick away heat of feet
• Unable to fit the foot completely
•The design of the stud helps the player to stabilize the force and anti-slip. However, when running fast, the friction generated by the stud inserted into the soil will affect the player's running speed, and there is a hidden danger of injury. How can we redesign the stud to help players have a performance while maintaining the original function.
•Soccer players pay great attention to the fit of the shoe to the foot and want to have a bare foot feel. The current way to fit the foot is to pull the upper taut through the laces to get as close as possible. But the laces always loosen at high speeds, and the knots in the laces also affect the foot's control of the ball while dribbling. How can we design a new fit way that can switch between laces less and laces.
•The thickness of the upper helps to better fix the stability of the foot and reduce the impact of the ball on the foot, which acts as a cushion. However, after high-intensity running for a long time, the feet will generate a lot of heat, and the heat can not be effectively discharged from the shoes, which will cause the feet to sweat and slip in the shoes, which will affect the performance of the players and bring the possibility of injury. How can we design an aerodynamic-based form design to help quickly dissipate heat from the shoe for a true barefoot feel.
• What if could give the barefoot feeling to the athlete when they performance.
• What if the form of the shoe reduces air resistance.
• What if the shoe can automatically adjust according to the temperature inside the shoe.
• What if the shoe has better elasticity to fit the sole of the foot.